Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Back to Basics

Hi y'all.

Nothing better than a hot day spent around a pool with like-minded individuals. Bliss!
This morning, Harriet, Leo and I set off to Grandpa James' beach house for a day of relaxation. The BOM was predicting a stinker on the coast and I wanted out of this here furnace that we live in! And in all modesty, what a genius idea this turned out to be because it was one of those appallingly hot days where, despite being completely immersed in cool water, one's body still throbs under the sun's relentless rays. Yup, today was a bloody stinker folks.
So there we were; us, Grandpa James, his wonderfully eccentric and bubbly partner, and some relatively new friends from our old stomping ground in Brisbane. The order of the day was as follows:

Arrive
Swim
Eat
Put Leo down for THREE HOUR SLEEP
Reeeeeelax

The only downside to the day was the drive home. For the past week, Leo has insisted on listening to my rendition of Galoomph Went the Little Green Frog, which in hindsight I wish I had never created. I did it on one of those Earth Mother days, when I decided to make an opera of it. The old, simple version now will not do and after a long drive with Leo on board, I now arrive home completely hoarse. I think he is starting to control me. He is not even two years old.

Tomorrow we will spend a morning in the park with some new friends and I am very much looking forward to that.
The only other news to report is that I am officially quitting facebook and will avoid reading or watching the news as much as possible. For the simple reason that in essence, neither brings me great joy. And guess what? Joy rocks!

Love youse.

xx

No comments: