Friday, March 26, 2010

A fortnight in the life...

Oops, seems that I am following the oft traveled path of wannabe bloggers: Start manic, fade out....
However, here I am this fine morning (at 5am it should be noted!), getting back into it. So, how are we all? My new favourite band, Fyfe Dangerfield, is dragging me into life this morning with their happy song, When You Walk In The Room. Little Leo Lion had us up through the night with a fever, bless his cotton socks, and James and I have been dealing with him in shifts. My shift is almost up and I plan to hit the hay for a couple of hours before our weekly journey to the Yandina markets. We are also picking up a couple of new chickens today (RIP Hamburger Blue, your life was too short. Bloody foxes!), as well as visiting Australia Zoo, where Harriet plans to invite the saltwater crocodiles to her birthday party at kindy next week. Do you think they will oblige?
I spent four days last week in Tasmania with some close friends, to celebrate my 30th birthday. Eek! I am a 30-year old mother of THREE, none of whom are babies anymore. Last night I heard myself telling my oldest about "the days" when we lived in Melbourne and he would follow me around like a lost puppy. Was it really all that long ago? Not especially, but it sure feels like it sometimes. And I sure feel like a cliche, too!!
All kids up and champing at the bit now. Time to drag James out of bed...

xx

No comments: